Dear Madam, Sir,
Please be advised that Belgian diamond traders are subject to Belgian anti-money laundering legislation and obliged to fully cooperate with the implementation of the Law and the Regulations.
Diamond traders are legally obliged by the law of 18 September 2017 preventing money laundering and financing of terrorism and limiting the use of cash to process your personal data to comply with our "knowyour-customer" obligations. For more information on the processing of your personal data, please contact us so that we could provide you of our privacy statement/policy.
As a basic principle, Belgian diamond dealers are obliged to identify their clients and verify the identification documents received before entering in a business relationship or executing a transaction.
1 Law: Law d.d. 18 September 2017 preventing money laundering and financing of terrorism and limiting the use of cash (“AML law”), Belgian Official Gazette dd. 6 October 2017.
2 Please note that if you are a Belgian registered diamond company yourself, you do NOT have to provide the requested documentation in this form. Simply print out your registration number via the website www.registereddiamondcompanies.be and send it to your Belgian diamond supplier. More info on www.awdc.be/compliance.
List of the names of the board of directors : together with any other documents by means of which can be demonstrated that the person (persons) in question is (are) (a) director(s) (if not already mentioned in the legal incorporation documents (below))
3. The ultimate beneficial owner is the natural person that is ultimate owner or has ultimate say over the client (art. 4, 27° AML law):
1. Natural persons owns 25% or more of the shares or voting rights in your clients company
2. Natural person has control by any other means
➢ Who has the right to appoint or remove a majority of the members of the administrative, management or supervisory body
➢ Who controls alone, pursuant to an agreement with other shareholders in or members of that undertaking (a subsidiary undertaking), a majority of shareholders' or members' voting rights in that undertaking
3. Natural person that is a member of the management of the company (e.g. CEO) – in case all other means above are exhausted And/or,
if applicable : The natural person for whose account a transaction or business relationship is entered into, if this is concluded for the account of someone else than the natural person/company whom one is dealing with
1. Natural person who benefits from the transaction
2. Natural person who has an impact on the execution of the transaction.
A politically exposed person is understood to include:
• heads of state, heads of government, ministers and secretaries of state;
• members of parliament;
• members of supreme courts, constitutional courts and other high courts that make decisions against which typically no further appeal is possible except in exceptional circumstances;
• members of audit institutions and of the boards of central banks;
• ambassadors, envoys and high-ranking military officers;
• members of administrative, directorial or supervisory bodies of public enterprises
• Please attach enclosed legal incorporation documentation of your company (statutes / by laws)
The most recent version of your company’s certificate of incorporation or articles of association (or equivalent documentation depending on the jurisdiction which at least sets
out company name and registered office).
(The Belgian government accepts an outprint from the Import Export Code (IEC Code) for Indian companies. This IEC code can be requested via the website http://dgft.gov.in/ . For other
alternatives, contact the AML-helpdesk.)
• Please attach enclosed a proof of identity of the official representative of your company :
- In case the contact person is a Belgian citizen: copy of his/her ID, or a valid proof of registration in the foreigners’ register, or a valid document issued by a Belgian public authority which states that this person is legally residing in Belgium, which contains at
least, surname, first name, date & place of birth, and if possible (company) address
- In case the contact person is a not a Belgian citizen: valid proof of ID, a valid passport, or possibly driving license or any other official document with photo which can be used as
identification which contains at least, surname, first name, date & place of birth, and if possible address.
(The Belgian government accepts “PAN-cards” and “Certificates of IEC Codes” for Indian citizens. For other alternatives, contact the AML-helpdesk.)
- A document that indicates that the official representative of your company has the power to represent the company (if not already mentioned in the legal incorporation documents)
I declare to the best of my knowledge that the above completed information and the documents enclosed are true and correct.